Thursday, January 1, 2015

Tip: Splurge a little

Being cheap is hard work! You deserve a reward every once in a while.

Something catch your eye on the shelf? Go ahead an get it but watch yourself and try to make it up in other savings that trip. For example, if I decide I want to upgrade my breakfast to some Toaster Strudels (on sale, $2) I can make up part of the difference by getting 6 burritos for 2/day ($0.33 each).

Another way you can justify getting something you want is by planning for future meals. One time I already chose around 8 lunches but then a box of corn dogs made me drool. So I got them. Altogether the 8 corndogs cost about $4 and eating 2/day will average out to $1/day. And now I have less meals to get on my next trip.

Save you extra $$$. If you happen to spend less than your budget, save it for the future. You might be able to get yourself something special next time or even have enough to eat out. Now that is thrity! You can also save your change from other purchases or that you find on the ground. At $2/day you can get yourself a meal pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment