Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Receipt: Let's get started!

My shopping trip went remarkably well!  I surprised even myself.

Altogether I came up to $18.62 for a drink, 11 meals and 12 desserts & snacks.  Throw in another meal for $1 and you've got 12 meals for $20 or $1.66/day.

For each shopping trip I'll transcribe my receipt and throw up a picture. As a bonus you also get reasoning behind my purchases. Receipts will follow order I purchased the items in the store.

Receipt
Date: 6/30/2010
Store: Wal-mart Super Center

Maruchan Instant Lunch - Creamy Chicken (i.e. cup of noodles): $0.28 [ok, lets get something cheap for a good start]
Maruchan Instant Lunch - Cheddar Cheese: $0.28 [mmm, cheddar cheese is my favorite, have to stay away from the spicy ones, they were too hot last time]
Maruchan Instant Lunch - Beef: $0.28 [people give ramen a bad rep, I'm not making it into a dinner just a quick and small lunch]
Banquet Spagetti and Popcorn Chicken - $0.88 [ok, let's see what we got in the cheap banquet meals - WTF these don't go together]
Banquet Southwest Rice and Beans - $0.88 [hmm, sounds good]
Lean Pocket - White Chicken Pizza - $2 [2 hotpockets at $2 so $1/meal if I eat just one]
Lean Pocket - Stuffed Chicken Quesadialla - $2 [ooo, I want to try these they got thrown out last time during refridgerator cleanout]
Hershey's Trial Size 8 pack: $1 [ooo on sale (vs 1.64), 2 pieces a day, I'll need at least 3 packages, maybe I can go for 12 meal under $20 since I'm only at $7]
Mounds Trial Size 8 pack: $1
Reeses Fastbreak Trial Size 8 pack: $1
Austin PB&J Crackers 12 pack: $1.98 [ok, snacks now, if I stick with 12 this is perfect, lets hope they aren't gross, alternatives include cheddar, peanut butter, and grilled cheese]
Arizona Sweet Iced Tea - $2.44 [drinks now, you get to keep the container for other drinks as a bonus, each full gallon lasts me about a week]
Hawaiian Punch Singles 8 pack: $1 [drink the tea, replenish with these 0.5 liters x 8 = 4 liters > 1 gallon. Wow, the regular hawaiian punch gallons are $2?]
Hormel Chili Hot: $1.64 [round out the meals to 12]
Hormel Chunky Chili With Beans: $1.64 [ok that's 12 meals [not! I messed up my counting, you can add another chili and come up to $20 though]]

Subtotal: $18.30
Taxes: $0.32 [apparently in NY there is no food tax except on candy and hawaiian punch]
Total: $18.62 [yay!]

Food

No comments:

Post a Comment