Friday, July 16, 2010

Receipt: $40 / month

Well that completes a month.

This trip came to $20.02 and I managed to get 13 meals, 12 snacks, 12 desserts, and 12 quarts of drink mix. As a bonus I splurged and got "Puffcorn" (a Cheetos/popcorn hybrid), and 2 candy bars. That exceeds my goals assuming I looked around in the parking lot for loose change.

If you've been paying attention, that comes to a total of $38.64 for 24 meals, snacks and desserts including something to drink. That is $1.61/day. At most there are 23 business days in a month so I've beaten my $40/month goal! If you spent $8 at lunch you would have spent $192 over the same time period or even just $5 you would have spent $120. You're welcome. Feel free to send the extra $80 my way :-).

Receipt:
Date: 7/16/2010
Store: Wal-mart Super Center

Great Value Drink Mix - Cherry Limeade 12 quart: $1.98 [Lol the receipt even says "CHRYLM" meaning Crystal Lite Mix]
Maruchan Instant Lunch - Cheddar Cheese: $0.28 [Let me get off to a good start again and I really like the cheddar lunch]
Maruchan Instant Lunch - Spicy Chicken: $0.28 [I want spicy but I know this will be too hot]
Maruchan Instant Lunch - Roast Chicken: $0.28 [3 * $0.28 ~~ $1]
Kit Kat Trial Size 8 pack: $1 [Still on sale, these worked great last time]
M&M Trial Size 8 pack: $1
Twix Trial Size 8 pack: $1 [Hmm, maybe I can make it 12 snacks & desserts and 13 meals to equal a total of 24 this month]
Great Value Crackers - Grilled Cheese: $1.98 [Wanted to try these last time, all we need now are dinners]
Banquet Dinner - Mac & Cheese: $0.88 [Looked tasty]
Banquet Dinner - Chicken Nuggets: $0.88 [Had a craving for these]
Lean Pocket - White Chicken Pizza: $2 [These were very good]
Hot Pocket - Buffalo Chicken SideShot: $2 [Craving wings sauce]
Jose Ole Burritos - Beef, Bean and Green Chilies: $2.98 [8 in a package, 2 per day]
Chester's Puffcorn: $2 [Extra cash, let me splurge]
Whoppers: $0.50 [Splurge]
Reese’s: $0.50 [Splurge]

Subtotal: $19.54
Taxes: $0.48 [stupid 8% tax on candy and drinks]
Total: $20.02 [if this was Price is Right I would have won if I said my showcase was $20]

Receipt Photo:
Some of you probably don't like my stream-of-consciousness commentary so here is just a picture of my receipt



Food Photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment